Oregano & Oregano Vitality- Young Living
🍃 FUN FACTS 🍃
Steam distilled from the leaves of the Oregano plant, a hardy perennial herb and member of the mint family. The ancient Greeks and Romans have a profound appreciation for oregano, using it for various medicinal purposes. In fact, its name comes from the Greek words “oros” and “ganos,” which are words for mountain and joy — oregano literally means “joy of the mountain.”
It was revered as a symbol of happiness, and it was an ancient tradition to crown brides and grooms with a laurel of oregano. Its most well known constituents are Thymol, Cavracol, Beta-caryophyllin (BCP), and rosemaric acid- a powerful antioxidant
🍃 WHAT IT DOES 🍃
*** ALWAYS DILUTE IN TOPICAL APPLICATIONS because it can cause skin irritation.
Oregano is highly recommended as an oil to add to your arsenal of natural healing tools, as it has a wide range of uses, but is most associated with respiratory and immune system health. It also positively benefits the muscles and bones. Oregano has been gaining popularity as a natural remedy, though its use as a health-boosting herb is centuries old. It contains high amounts of Omega-3s, Iron, Manganese, and antioxidants. Oregano is a very flavorful herb that is often used in Italian, Greek and Spanish cooking. It is often used in seasoning blends, including Italian Seasoning, and pairs well with meats, tomato dishes, and eggs.
🍃 IDEAS FOR USE – INTERNAL (with Vitality™ only) 🍃
• Place a drop under the tongue and hold it there for several seconds to boost the immune system
• Take it as a dietary supplement by adding a drop to a vegetarian capsule and taking daily or as needed.*
• Add a few drop to your soups or stews, especially during times of illness
• Substitute Oregano Vitality in any recipe calling for the dried Oregano herb
• Give meats and veggies a minty note by including Spearmint Vitality in your marinades.
🍃 TOPICAL/ AROMATIC (non- Vitality™) 🍃
• Apply topically on location f(mixed with a carrier oil) to aid skin healing
• Apply (diluted) over muscles and joints for soothing relief
• Apply to foot bottoms, between the toes or toenails to encourage a healthy bacterial environment
• Apply on location to skin areas for smoothing warts or skin tags (use caution if the oil is too hot- dilute)
• Add several drops to your DIY outdoor spray
• Place a few drops on a cotton ball and place the cottontail to deter creepy-crawlies from entering your home
• Apply (diluted) to insect bites or to soothe skin
• Add a few drops to boiling water, and being careful not to get the steam in your eyes, gently inhale the oregano steam to promote healthy breathing
• Add a few drops to your favorite Shampoo to help the scalp stay moisturized. Be careful to avoid the eyes
• Soak hands or feet in a basin of warm water to encourage healthy skin and promote a healthy bacterial environment
• Apply (diluted) to the chest to aid respiration
• Add a few drops to your laundry for a super fresh clean
💜 LET’S CONNECT!!!
👉 Follow me on Instagram! @rachelghoward
🌈 Join my oily Facebook Group, Promise Life Team, for an amazing oils community and more educational goodies!
😃 Let’s get oily together! http://bit.ly/RachelGHoward I will personally contact you and help you learn how to use and grow with essential oils ❤️
💕Info on getting your wholesale membership with Young Living!
👉 What is Promise Life up to these days? Check out the Promise Life Blog – Musings
RETURN TO OILS MENU