Basil & Basil Vitality – Young Living
🍃 FUN FACTS 🍃
The leaves and seeds of the basil plant are the important medicinal parts of this herb, which is regularly used in cuisines and recipes all over the world. Basil essential oil is popular in Europe, Central Asia, India, and Southeast Asia. Considered by the ancient Greeks to be the King of Plants, basil was literally used to anoint kings. In the Hindu religion, sprigs of basil were placed on the bodies of deceased loved ones to protect them from evil and provide them with safe passage into the next life.
Historically, basically has been used for countless medicinal uses for thousands of years- from snake bites to whooping cough, basil has been the go-to herb for countless generations
🍃 WHAT IT DOES 🍃
Basil affects largely the Cardiovascular System and Musculoskeletal system, but it has a myriad of other uses as well. Receiving a massage using this oil may help stimulate blood flow and soothe muscles, promoting calmness when muscles want to seize repeatedly. A few drops to the forehead help promote alertness, alleviate mental fatigue, elevate moods, enhance memory and sharpen the mind.
Basil can be used topically and massaged into the skin with a carrier oil. It enhances the luster of dull-looking skin and hair. As a result, it is extensively used in many skin care supplements that improve skin tone. It is also commonly used to help keep a clear complexion.
Basil acts a digestive tonic, calms the respiratory tract, improves blood circulation and helps increase and optimize various metabolic functions of the body. menstruation,
As a bonus, basil tends to deter creepy-crawlies, and has often been used to keep insects at bay. It also calms stings and bites.
- Nervous System
- Musculoskeletal system
- immune system
- Cardiovascular/Circulatory System
- Emotions/ Brain
- Digestive System
🍃 IDEAS FOR USE- TOPICAL/ AROMATIC (non Vitality™ ) 🍃
- Deep inhale to help alertness, prevent fainting
- Apply to the forehead for nothing comfort
- Diffuse or inhale for mental stimulation, mood elevation
- Apply with carrier oil over the chest to calm muscles and aid soothe breathing
- Apply over the joints (on location_ for support
- Apply directly to bug bites
- dilute with carrier oil and massage over large areas to calm spastic muscles
- apply around ears for comfort
- Add to a DIY insect repellent
- Apply over chest to calm hiccups
- Diffuse or inhale while studying to promote memory
- Rub over abdomen with carrier oil to encourage healthy gas and digestion levels
- Apply on spot locations to maintin a a healthy, clear complexion
- Add a few drops to shampoo or conditioner for scalp support
🍃 INTERNAL (Vitality™ only ) 🍃
- Use in place of dried herb
- add a drop to balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- use in a meat marinade
- add a drop or two to stew or soup
- use Basil Vitality for homemade pesto
- Add a few drops to veggie capsule as dietary supplement
- Add a drop or two to a shot glass of water and ingest
- Phenolic Ethers: methyl eugenol
- Alcohols: linalool, citronellol
- Oxides: 1,8 cineol
🍃 BLENDS WITH 🍃
🍃 FOUND IN 🍃
- Aroma Siez
💜 LET’S CONNECT!!!
👉 Follow me on Instagram! @rachelghoward
🌈 Join my oily Facebook Group, Promise Life Team, for an amazing oils community and more educational goodies!
😃 Let’s get oily together! http://bit.ly/RachelGHoward I will personally contact you and help you learn how to use and grow with essential oils ❤️
💕Info on getting your wholesale membership with Young Living!
👉 What is Promise Life up to these days? Check out the Promise Life Blog – Musings
RETURN TO OILS MENU