Black Pepper & Black Pepper Vitality- Young Living
💥 FUN FACTS 💥
Black Pepper, one of the most used spices on planet earth, is so commonplace that its medicinal values largely go unrecognized. Its essential oil is steam distilled form berries grown in Egypt, Madagascar and India. Pepper was used by the Egyptians in mummification as evidenced by the discovery of black pepper in the nostrils and abdomen of Ramses II. Indian monks ate several black pepper corns a day to maintain their incredible stamina and energy
For centuries, black pepper was as highly prized as gold and silver and accounted for 70% of the international spice trade. During the Dark Ages, Arab traders had a monopoly on the black pepper trade. To maintain this monopoly and keep the source of black pepper a closely-guarded secret (and hence increase the price and prestige of black pepper), they came up with a great story. The tale they told was that black pepper grew in groves of trees that were guarded by poisonous snakes. In order to harvest the black pepper, the trees had to be burned in order to drive out the snakes. This process ( so they said) also turned the originally white fruit black! That myth worked for a long time.
💥 WHAT IT DOES 💥
Historically, pepper was used for thousands of years for malaria, cholera and digestive issues. Today, pepper’s primary common use is to revive someone who has fainted. However, pepper is also stimulating and comforting for those who are awake as well! This oil may help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, detox the body, enhance circulation, increase cellular oxygenation, support digestive glands, and stimulate the endocrine system, increase energy, aid with addiction recovery, improve a healthy appetite, aid muscle tone, support joint connective tissue, aid circulation and help one regain balance and settle the nerves from imbalance.
Studies have shown that Curcumin (the active compound of turmeric) is made readily bioavailable with the presence of black pepper- any good turmeric supplement should have black pepper as a main ingredient
Aromatically, black pepper is said to help people examine things with clarity and honesty
- Nervous System
- Digestive System
- musculoskeletal system
- endocrine system
- circulatory system,
💥 IDEAS FOR USE – TOPICAL/ AROMATIC (non-Vitality) 💥
- apply to vita flex points
- apply directly to area of concern with dilution
- mix very sparingly into a bath with juniper and lavender to warm you up in the winter and overcome chills
- apply with carrier oil to the back of the neck for muscle and joint comfort and increased mobility
- apply to the few bottom for immune support
- diffuse or inhale to curb cravings
- apply to the abdomen with a warm compress to increase blood flow to the muscles and nerves
- apply to the wrists, knuckles, lower back, or any joint that needs support and increased mobility
💥 INTERNAL (Vitality only) 💥
- combine 1-2 drops with several drops of extra virgin olive oil and take in a gel cap supplement daily for healthy cholesterol levels, healthy blood pressure, healthy inflammation levels, immune support)
- add 1 drop to substitute for 98-10 peppercorns in a recipe
- infuse balsamic vinegar with 1 drop per ounce
- use for in a marinade
- add 1 drop per teaspoon in butter or coconut butter to flavor a spread
- add a drop to a smoothies for dietary support
💥 FOUND IN 💥
- Dream Catcher
- Relieve It
- Light the Fire
- NingXia Nitro
💥 BLENDS WITH 💥
- Spice Oils
💥 CONSTITUENTS 💥
Black pepper essential oil has a high content of phytochemicals (natural, plant-based chemicals) known as monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes. These phytochemicals are known for their antioxidant and immune stimulatory functions.
- Monoterpenes (70%)
💜 LET’S CONNECT!!!
👉 Follow me on Instagram! @rachelghoward
🌈 Join my oily Facebook Group, Promise Life Team, for an amazing oils community and more educational goodies!
😃 Let’s get oily together! http://bit.ly/RachelGHoward I will personally contact you and help you learn how to use and grow with essential oils ❤️
💕Info on getting your wholesale membership with Young Living!
👉 What is Promise Life up to these days? Check out the Promise Life Blog – Musings
RETURN TO OILS MENU