Cypress – Young Living
🌲 FUN FACTS 🌲
The Phoenicians used Cypress for building ships and bows, while the Egyptians used ti build their sarcophagi. Ancient Greeks used the woods carve statues of their gods. The term “sempervirens,” from which the botanical name Cupressus sempervirens is derived, means to live forever. Cypress is noted for its durability, and it was most famously used for the original doors of St. Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican- legends say those doors lasted for over 1,000 years!
🌲 WHAT IT DOES 🌲
Cypress is well known to aid the circulatory system, and helps stimulate circulation. It was used historically for its benefits to the urinary system and the Chinese valued it for its benefits to the liver and the respiratory system. Aromatically, Cypress helps ease the feeling of loss and creates a sense of security and grounding. In aromatherapy, cypress is used regularly to help heal emotional trauma and soothing anger.
- Cardiovascular system
- Respiratory System
- Muscles & Bones
Constituents to research: Monoterpenes (55%), alpha-pinene, l-limonene
🌲 IDEAS FOR USE – TOPICAL/ AROMATIC 🌲
• Apply a few drops directly to area of concern, or along VitaFlex points
• Apply it on the bottoms of your feet to improve circulation
• Diffuse it around your home for a grounding but invigorating aroma.
• Mix with other oils for underarm support
• Dilute and rub over chest for respiratory support
• Apply over abdomen to promote comfort in menstruation
• Apply on location to joints and muscles
• Apply after workout, topically on muscles
🌲 BLENDS WITH 🌲
- Clary Sage
🌲 FOUND IN 🌲
Cypress is an important ingredient in many products, including
- Aroma Life™
- Aroma Siez™
💜 LET’S CONNECT!!!
👉 Follow me on Instagram! @rachelghoward
🌈 Join my oily Facebook Group, Promise Life Team, for an amazing oily community and more educational goodies!
😃 Let’s get oily together! http://bit.ly/RachelGHoward I will personally contact you and help you learn how to use and grow with essential oils! ❤️
Info on getting your wholesale membership with Young Living, click here
👉 What is Promise Life up to these days? Check out the Promise Life Blog – Musings