NUTMEG & NUTMEG VITALITY® – Young Living
🌰FUN FACTS 🌰
is the common name for a dark-leaved evergreen tree, Myristica fragrans, that is cultivated for two spices derived from its fruit, “nutmeg” and “mace.”
The nutmeg is the oval-shaped seed, and mace is the bright red webbing that surrounds the seed. The tree is native to the Moluccas, or Spice Islands, of Indonesia and has been used medicinally and ceremonially for thousands of years. Helpful trace minerals found in nutmeg include potassium, calcium, iron and manganese, and it also contains antioxidants, Vitamin C and some B vitamins. Another ingredient in nutmeg is called myristicin. It is thought to stimulate our brains and may help with memory. Some sources consider this spice to be an aphrodisiac as well!
🌰 WHAT IT DOES 🌰
Nutmeg Vitality™ essential oil has a sweet and distinctly spicy taste, making it both a powerful and versatile essential oil. Nutmeg Vitality is particularly good for enhancing the flavor of winter produce such as acorn squash, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin. Along with flavoring your favorite recipes, Nutmeg Vitality oil has many health benefits, including cognitive function support, immune support, and powerful antioxidants.*
- Supports cognitive function/ brain health
- Includes powerful antioxidants
- Promotes healthy circulation and blood pressure
- Aids digestion
- Sleep aid
- Helps eliminate bad breath
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Respiratory support
- Liver/kidneys- detox support/ cleansing
- musculoskeletal system
🌰IDEAS FOR USE – TOPICAL/ AROMATIC (non- Vitality™) 🌰
• Place a drop under the tongue to address bad breath (sublingual applications are considered topical, not ingestion- but this is also a method you can use with the vitality oil)
• Add a few drops to a massage oil and rub over muscles for soothing relief as well as enhanced circulation
• Massage a few drops in carrier oil over abdomen for menstrual comfort
• Apply a few drops to feet bottoms before sleep, or massage a drop on the back of the neck (in carrier oil) to soothe the nerves
• Diffuse nutmeg during times of study or focus as it has a mental-stimulation effect
• Deep inhale from the bottle (or a drop on the palm of the hands) to invigorate the mind while simultaneously soothing rattled nerves
• Rub a drop (in carrier oil) over liver/ kidneys for support
• Apply 1-2 drops on Vita-flex points or wrists for enhanced libido
• Apply 1-2 drops in carrier oil and rub over chest for respiratory support as needed
• Massage a few drops in carrier oil over joints for added support and comfort
• Massage in carrier oil along nerves (as needed) for soothing aid
🌰 INTERNAL (Vitality™) 🌰
• Add a drop to your favorite tea or Ningxia Red for liver/ kidney/ cleaning support
• Add 1 drop to a glass of eggnog to enhance this sweet and spicy treat.
• Add Nutmeg Vitality to your favorite holiday baked goods.
• Place 1–2 drops into a veggie capsule to support a healthy immune system and cognitive function.
• Use it in savory dishes to subtly enhance and round out the flavor.
• Add a few drops to warm milk to soothe the nerves and calm anxiety, especially before sleep
• Consume 1-2 drops daily in a gel capsule with olive oil for libido enhancement
• Consume 1-2 drops in a spoonful of honey daily for detox support and healthy circulation
🌰BLENDS WITH 🌰
- Cinnamon Bark
🌰FOUND IN 🌰
- Light the Fire Oil Blend
- EndoFlex oil Blend
- En-R-Gee oil blend
- Magnify Your Purpose
- Ningxia Nitro
- Power Meal
** not recommended for children under 6 or people with epilepsy- consult your doctor for use during pregnancy. Always dilute well
💜 LET’S CONNECT!!!
👉 Follow me on Instagram! @rachelghoward
🌈 Join my oily Facebook Group, Promise Life Team, for an amazing oils community and more educational goodies!
😃 Let’s get oily together! http://bit.ly/RachelGHoward I will personally contact you and help you learn how to use and grow with essential oils ❤️
💕Info on getting your wholesale membership with Young Living!
👉 What is Promise Life up to these days? Check out the Promise Life Blog – Musings
RETURN TO OILS MENU